• Manage DCP’s liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost effective and prudent manner.
• Manage and oversee funds requests, transfers and payment processing and relationship management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish and implement processes and frameworks for managing DCP’s liquidity and risk in line with Group Treasury policies.
• Develop and implement strategies to meet DCP’s short, medium and long term financing needs ensuring alignment with the DCP’s goals and objectives and the Group’s strategy.
• Manage the DCP’s daily cash flows/ liquidity and ensure availability of funds to meet the company’s operations and all likely contingencies.
• Prepare cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet DCP’s daily operational requirements.
• Identify the need and request for funds from Group Treasury as required.
• Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realisation of DCP’s operational and corporate objectives.
• Oversee the transfer of funds between DCP and the Group in liaison with Group Treasury.
• Validate all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid invoices/ receipts and other supporting documents in line with DCP’s financial policies.
• Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
• Establish and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
• Participate/ provide inputs in the review of DCP’s bankers ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Manage the unit’s budget, review and approve expenditures as defined in the approved manual of authority.
• Continually identify new banking service opportunities and provide recommendations and/ or business case for adoption of such services.
• Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Head Office Accounting.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or other related disciplines.
• Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
• Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
Skills & Competence
• Strong data analysis and modelling skills.
• Sound business acumen.
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and people management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• High ethical standards and integrity
• Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Private Health Insurance
• Paid time off
• Training and Development